[development] has this been discussed here?

Karoly Negyesi karoly at negyesi.net
Wed Dec 27 01:52:39 UTC 2006

> also, I think that the hostility shown in this follow-up thread
> http://drupal.org/node/105278  exposes some things about the
> direction the drupal community is heading that I find worrisome (and
> that I will write more about later, when I have the time)

(In a very tired voice) Please do not write more. It does not reflect the community it only reflects me pissed off people chiming in without having the shortest idea how development happens. And I doubt I need to apologize for erecting a warning sign that flamewars are not tolerated.

But hey, congratulations, you managed to pollute even the devel list with this. First we had an issue then the IRC channel then the forums now the development list -- and there is nothing new said...

And yes, even I needed to ask Steven a few things before siding with this change but hey! now these questions are nicely answered in his long comment.

But you know what? Are you concerned about people? Here is something to chew on: think of how Steven feels, attacked everywhere for this minute change. Where are the praising posts in the issue queue, in the forums and on devel praising him for the heroic effort that went into the t() patch? (Do not look at me, I congratulated in person) Oh, you do not even _understand_ the importance and the immense effort that went into it? I do not know the number of hours that actually went into t() but I have some memories porting KSES to become filter_xss and man, I do not even want to go near massive HTML processing if I can help it for the rest of my life. But Steven soldiers on and enhances this extremely hard piece of code for us. Be thankful for that.

NK