[development] Even more flexibility in content management

Alberto Lusiani alusiani at gmail.com
Fri Dec 29 08:46:45 UTC 2006

On 12/29/06, Cog Rusty <cog.rusty at gmail.com> wrote:

> A great idea. As a user active in our support forums, I would also love to
> see "view own TYPE content". For some of the other there are roundabout ways
> to achieve, using taxonomy access control, but for "view own" there is none.
> Requested use cases for private workspaces do exist, and the current ways
> are rather convoluted (1-user OG groups, 1-user user categories, unpublished
> nodes... and the like)

I would also like very much to have "view own" and "admin own"
capabilities in Drupal core.

I had to implement somethning similar (a permission named "access
own") in a Drupal 4.7 site I operated starting from September
(http://tau06.sns.it/). I modified node_db_rewrite_sql, and then had
to fix some pager.inc functions. In the end the "access own"
permission granted correctly all view/edit/list accesses.

I have the impression that the functionality could be implemented in a
better way with a modification on the node_access table.

Greetings,
--
Alberto