[development] Connecting to multiple databases in 5.x

Morbus Iff morbus at disobey.com
Fri Dec 29 18:29:40 UTC 2006

> See http://drupal.org/node/10658 and specifically the (in core for a
> while now) http://drupal.org/files/issues/fileperm_0.patch. I haven't
> had a chance to check to see if this stuff has changed, or what the
> installer is doing.

Ah, interesting. The installer recommends that you do make it read-only:

   // Warn about settings.php permissions risk
   $settings_file = './'. conf_path() .'/settings.php';
   if (!drupal_verify_install_file($settings_file,
FILE_EXIST|FILE_READABLE|FILE_NOT_WRITABLE)) {
     drupal_set_message(st('All necessary changes to %file have been
made, so you should now remove write permissions to this file. Failure
to remove write permissions to this file is a security risk.',
array('%file' => $settings_file)), 'error');
   }

So, my bad. I don't see why, however, you couldn't turn it back to
write, add your extra databases, then turn it back to read only.

--
Morbus Iff ( I'd prefer my past to be multiple choice. )