[development] Stuff

Dries Buytaert dries.buytaert at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 09:12:28 UTC 2006

> >     I won't release a new beta or RC this week.  This week, I'll
> > focus my efforts on (i) the drupal.org upgrade and (ii) reviewing/
>
> Right there is the answer.  There's no way a 4.7-final should be released
> until drupal.org is already eating its own dogfood with a near-final 4.7.
> That's a pretty good stress test of the core system anyway. :-)

Yes, that's why I want to upgrade drupal.org as soon as possible.
Eating our own dogfood helps us evaluate the stability and scalability
of Drupal 4.7.0.

The following TODO list items have been taken care of the past week:

1. I synched http://scratch.drupal.org/ with http://drupal.org/ and
upgraded it to CVS HEAD.

2. I spent some time to figure out why the donations page
(http://drupal.org/donate) isn't updating.  OSL had to recompile
mod_php to fix the problem (curl-support was missing) but this is
taken care of now. I still have to re-import the missing data though.
I tried doing so but Paypal's export functionality was timing out.
I'll try again later this week.

3. Kieran, his wife, webchick, Oadae et al. did a card sort on the
Drupal 4.6 projects (http://drupal.org/node/50091).  I wrote a small
parser that takes the spreadsheet's information and turns it into SQL
queries.  The result can be seen at
http://scratch.drupal.org/project/Modules.

4. Khalid and his wife ported 3 modules that we're using on drupal.org
to CVS HEAD.  They have been installed on http://scratch.drupal.org/
and seem to work fine.

5. Gerhard profiled the site, identified some expensive queries, and
implemented some performance improvements.

6. I split the 'Hosting and services' forum in two separate forums and
recategorized  150+ forum topics.

What is left to do?

1. Update the drupal.org theme to CVS HEAD.  I won't work on this but
Steven Wittens will.  As soon Steven is ready, we should be able to
upgrade.

--
Dries Buytaert :: http://buytaert.net/