[bcc][faked-from] Re: [development] let's cleanup /misc

Mark Fredrickson mfredrickson at ppmns.org
Fri Jan 6 18:19:14 UTC 2006

>> The /default folder can actually define a specific site,
>> unlike all, which applies to many sites.
>>
> Earlier I objected to default having a specific site. It should be the
> prototype for specific sites. Thus all installs should be treated as
> multisite with only one site present. This means that when you download a
> new release the default setting file that comes with it does not overlay one
> of your sites. So perhaps there should be another name for default, like
> distributed or original.

Hmm. Let us say I have a multi-site configured. The /sites directory would
look like

All/
Original/
Foo/
Bar/

Now let's say someone requests a site called "bar". Which folder is used? In
the current system, drupal searches through the folders to find the most
specific one. If none are found, default is used. The name makes a lot of
sense in this context. I think "original" makes less sense in this context.

-M