[development] Static Page Caching

Mike Gifford mike at openconcept.ca
Mon Jan 9 21:13:11 UTC 2006

Hi folks,

We've worked with jpcache in the past to produce static page caching
for dynamic sites.  We'd like to see the ability to create and edit
pages with drupal that get saved as good old fashioned html files.

Perhaps this would happen on a daily basis, perhaps only under severe
load, perhaps only for paths with a .html extension, however not all
drupal content needs to be loaded from drupal all of the time.
Throttle is nice.  The page caching is a good step in the right
direction too..  But I'd like to cache an entire page so that php
isn't even loaded at all to deliver the page.

So, I'd just like to know what attempts have been done to do this in
the past (if any), and what problems they had (so that hopefully we
don't repeat the same ones).

We've investigated this for other CMS's, but not for Drupal.

Mike
--
Mike Gifford, OpenConcept Consulting
Free Software for Social Change -> http://openconcept.ca