[development] Overwhelmed by traffic on this list

Jeff Eaton jeff at viapositiva.net
Tue Jan 10 21:46:23 UTC 2006

> Please tell me a single source of information I can access to
> get the information I need to keep my drupal code working
> with the core, without being forced to filter out many times
> that more irrelevant information.  If such an in information
> source exists, I'll gladly use it.

There's a module conversion guide in the drupal handbook, and it's been
updated semi-regularly. Once 4.7 hits RC and goes gold, it will be
finalized.

Part of the difficulty in providing this sort of filtered list is that
it is very, very personalized and very, very labor intensive. Should
there be an announce list for 'CVS core compatability issues' and one
for 'Design changes under consideration' and a separate one for
'discussion stemming from design changes under consideration?' I'm not
trying to shoot you down, just attempting to point out that what
constitutes 'important information' is terribly hard to weigh, and is
very subjective once you pass a certain technical threshold.

If you have a full time job and kids and negative free time, and don't
want to think about Drupal when it's working... Honestly, stop running
the CVS HEAD version. Important security fixes are all you really need
to keep up on at that point.

--Jeff