[development] Static Page Caching

Jeremy Andrews lists at kerneltrap.org
Thu Jan 19 04:12:15 UTC 2006

On Mon, 09 Jan 2006 16:22:33 -0500
Moshe Weitzman <weitzman at tejasa.com> wrote:

> http://cvs.drupal.org/viewcvs/drupal/contributions/sandbox/jeremy/filecache/?hideattic=0
>
> would be great if you reimplemented this in modern drupal
> and submitted for core review.

Okay, I have created a patch for the current CVS version of
Drupal:
   http://drupal.org/node/45414

>From the issue summary:
  "This patch introduces an option for file-based caching.
   When enabled, a 'cache' subdirectory is created in the
   files/ directory, and cache data is written there. The best
   performance improvement will be seen when both the file
   cache is enabled and a minimum cache lifetime is set."

Discussion, testing, suggestions, improvements, benchmarking,
etc, all appreciated.

Cheers,
 -Jeremy