[development] Evil hack: admin/modules without memory restrictions

Gerhard Killesreiter gerhard at killesreiter.de
Sat Jan 21 16:39:07 UTC 2006

Allie Micka wrote:

> On Jan 20, 2006, at 11:26 PM, Gerhard Killesreiter wrote:
>
>> 1) read the module files
>> 2) looking for help, init, exit hooks
>> 3) write these hooks to a file
>> 4) include that file
>> 5) delete the file
>

> This would actually do well in core if you could get rid of the
> intermediate file-writing step.  Why not just evaluate the $output
> after you've found the help/etc function?

Mainly because I didn't think that this would work. It appears to work,
though.
The page now loads with all contrib modules from HEAD (minus the ones I
mentioned earlier) with the dreaded 8M memory limit.

It is still an evil hack, though. The contrib modules violating the code
conventions could be fixed, but those that call some internal functions
to beautify their help output could not.

Cheers,
    Gerhard