[development] Drupal 4.7.0 roadmap

Earl Miles merlin at logrus.com
Wed Jan 25 16:43:14 UTC 2006

Dries Buytaert wrote:
> Hello,
>
> as mentioned earlier, I intend to package up CVS HEAD later this week
> (after today's bugfix party).  The question is: should this be 'beta
> 4' or 'RC 1' (or 'RC' tout court)?  I'm asking because some people
> approached me saying we should call it a RC.  For fun's sake, I
> figured I'd ask you first before sharing my own opinion. When you
> answer, please provide some insight as why you think it should be
> 'beta 4' or 'RC 1' or 'RC'.  No brainless answers please. Thanks!

Personally I wouldn't call it an RC if it contains any known critical bugs that
prevent functionality. If we can get all the existing critical bugs out of the
way, and no new ones are found, then I would be comfortable calling it an RC.

Actually, even some non-critical bugs could stop it from being an RC, really.