[development] Have you ever laughed fate in the face?

Darrel O'Pry dopry at thing.net
Wed Jul 19 20:54:24 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-07-19 at 10:39 -0700, Neil Drumm wrote:
> Darrel O'Pry wrote:
> >> What specific situations have you been in (or anticipate to be in) where
> >> you will  need to modify the delete work flow?
> >
> > quickies I think of....
> >
> > -administrative oversight of deletion
> > -allow archival of deleted items to another server while deleting them
> > from customer facing servers.
> > -protect end-users and administrators from accidental deletion.
>
> None of these call for removal of any trashbin we might add.

There was nothing said about the removal of trash bin functionality.
If you want use cases for removal of...

I'm an admin of site with a bunch of content that is there an then gone,
maybe some sort of collaborative tool using drupal, and having to
regularly dump the trash bin is just annoying.

continuity of the existing user interface (the trashbin while not new in
most gui's, would be a big change for the drupal ui). I think that
should be kept in mind.. Massively changing interfaces can annoy users.
I know the menu rearrangements in drupal from version to version have
made my life annoying on more than on occasion.

Options are better than hardcoded ideas. I use drupal as an application
platform. That kind of control over the deleting workflow would be nice.
It would be nice on a per node type basis.

personally I prefer a take what I want dump the rest approach to setting
up drupal.