[development] Developing modules for a photo agency

Hannes Lilljequist hannes at perrito.se
Thu Jul 27 07:46:52 UTC 2006

27 jul 2006 kl. 09.02 skrev Dries Buytaert:

>> FWIW: I developed newsphoto approx half a year ago. http://
>> newsphoto.nl/. We
>> have discontinued the site (last content from months ago), because
>> Drupal was
>> not a good candidate to suit our needs. After investigation, we
>> bought a
>> commercial image shop tool, which is being developed now to
>> replace the
>> Drupal at newsphoto.nl.
>
> It would help if you'd explain why you threw out Drupal.  Without
> that information, your e-mail has _no_ added value.  So care to
> elaborate?

I don't feel it would be that hard to extend or customize Drupal's
image features into something that fits my needs (#1 & #2 in my
original post).
What I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed with right now is the whole
ordering/ecommerce part.

So obviously I too am interested in why Drupal didn't suit your needs.

/Hannes