[development] Database queries on drupal.org

Neil Drumm drumm at delocalizedham.com
Thu Jul 27 20:28:11 UTC 2006

Kieran Lal wrote:

> On Jul 27, 2006, at 10:32 AM, Neil Drumm wrote:
>
>> Dries Buytaert wrote:
>>> Isn't our time better spend building that functionality into the
>>> devel.module (along with a permission)?  It would be convenient if there
>>> was an 'explain' link on the query overview page.
>>
>> I actually have that running on my copy of devel module. I was going
>> to AJAX it before committing it.
>
> You are parsing the slow query logs, or explaining every query, or
> explain queries above a certain threshold?
>
> Looking forward to seeing what you have.

If you have the page query log showing, there is an additional explain
column. The idea is that the explain results will be added below the
query via AJAX.

The issue queue is about 30 reviews behind where I'd like to see it, so
I probably won't be getting to this myself soon.

--
Neil Drumm
http://delocalizedham.com/