[development] Test automation

Kieran Lal kieran at civicspacelabs.org
Fri Jun 16 02:56:21 UTC 2006

On Jun 15, 2006, at 7:38 PM, Derek Wright wrote:

> overall, i'm excited about this work, and think it'll be very cool
> (both for drupal.org, and for other sites i'm working on to manage
> software development)...

> food for thought...

Ok, let's completely abandon the idea of automatically unit testing
patches.  Instead let's have a block on http://drupal.org/project/
issues that has a file upload.   The file upload connects to a server
that is available to unit test the patch.

It spits back a test result number with the time the test was run and
the results of the test.

http://druapaluntitest.org/node/#####

Instead of spending all this effort automating some thing simple we
focus on making it a valuable service to the developer community.
The person who posts the patch can just provide a link to the unit
test result.

Keep It Simple S******

Kieran