[development] authenticated RSS feed

Bèr Kessels ber at webschuur.com
Sun Jun 18 20:08:22 UTC 2006

Op vrijdag 16 juni 2006 17:40, schreef alex at owal.co.uk:
> Now - this leads me to wonder whether Drupal authentication and Basic
> Authentication might be combined somehow - or possibly have a separate
> page controlled by basic authentication which is internally proxied to the
> Drupal RSS page.

IMO we should just wait for RSS readers to become a bit smarter and use
cookies etc. Akrgegator uses KDEs authentication, session/cookie system and
it works Just Fine. Firefox (afaik the most used rss reader) uses its
sessions too, which leaves us with web-based readers that cannot log in. And
thunderbird.

Maybe we should lay some more pressure on thunderbird instead? And on the
web-based readers to provide session based, ordinary web logins?

Bèr