[development] Re-Thinking Events in Drupal (and time zones too)

Gunnar Langemark gunnar at langemark.com
Mon Mar 6 16:59:44 UTC 2006

That's not an answer when the stakes are so high...
;-)

What you need is an interface which will let you know - intuitively -
how "far away" from somebody elses "time" you are. Just noticed how some
people put their timezone in their Skype name, and just read about a
famous danish branding guru who does not carry a cell phone because
people never know in which time zone he is - as he travels the world.
You need to know - for each individual - what timezone, and how
available they are - for instance if you want to arrange an online meeting.
So how about a visual clue - a blending of color shades to indicate that
this meeting time will be ok with MOST participants - and be unhealthy
for only a few?

Maybe we should take this somewhere else - it is conceptualizing and not
development......

Best
Gunnar