[development] finding blocks and getting them simpler.

Neil Drumm drumm at delocalizedham.com
Tue May 16 01:25:51 UTC 2006

Bèr Kessels wrote:
> * you need to read the code to find the "delta". Modules like views require
> you to hover the admin/blocks/edit links in order to find the delta.

Deltas are generally numeric, but are stored as a (probably relatiovely
short) varchar. So there is no reason why they have to be numeric, in my
module coding I always use strings.

To remove deltas and make themers happy just need to rename them all in
HEAD and figure out a DB update so the block settings don't get clobbered.

--
Neil Drumm
http://delocalizedham.com/