[development] CVS and binary files

Khalid B kb at 2bits.com
Wed Nov 1 20:10:42 UTC 2006

You should:

- Check the TRUNK (a.k.a CVS or HEAD) version of Drupal contrib
into a local copy. See the exact command in the handbook.

- Create a directory under modules for your modules.
cd contributions/modules
mkdir mymodule
- Copy all the files into that directory, including a po subdirectory
cd contributions/modules/mymodule
cp ~/mymodule.module .
mkdir po
cp ~/fr.po po

- Do a cvs add of the top directory, all subdirectories, and all files

cvs add mymodule
cvs add mymodule/mymodule.module
cvs add mymodule/po
cvs add mymodule/po/fr.po

- Commit that into the repository

cvs commit

Now you have a TRUNK version.

You could now branch it
cd contributions/modules/mymodule
cvs tag -b DRUPAL-4-7

You now have a 4.7 branch of that module. You can check that out
into a separate directory and commit there.