[development] relationships API vs i18n

Dries Buytaert dries.buytaert at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 12:00:25 UTC 2006

On 09 Nov 2006, at 10:10, Gabor Hojtsy wrote:

> The RDF triple approach is a true and tried method to handling
> relations (see the existing module description). I would propose
> that we should include a small triple handler in core. This would
> be good for i18n and other modules to use, so we might get to a win-
> win situation. Contrib modules can extend on this triple handling
> with RDF generation and such.

Interesting thought, but it is not quite clear what you envision the
'triple handler' to do?  Do you suggest we store RDF in the
database?  (I don't like that idea.)  Or should we just look at RDF
and use matching terminology/properties so we can generate RDF if we
want to?

The CivicActions people were doing quite a bit of work with RDF, and
RDF triples, in specific.