[development] content types. posts. post settings.

Joakim Stai joakimstai at gmail.com
Fri Nov 10 14:00:28 UTC 2006

Hi, I'm new to Drupal and to this mailinglist. I'm impressed by the strength
of the community and the system itself, and I look forward to learning
Drupal and eventually contribute with some modules. As as a newbie with a
fresh look on Drupal, I thought I could start off by sharing my opinions on
this issue..

I agree with Drumm's suggestions, but taxonomy is different from controlled
vocabularies and should maybe be called hierarchical categories (in the help
text and descriptions)?

post -> content
node -> content
term -> category
taxonomy -> hierarchical categories

Consistency is important, especially for end users with no knowledge of the
system. Use of easy to understand concepts and words won't confuse
non-technical end users. I see some great improvements in useability from
4.7 to 5.0, but there is still a lot of inconsistency in the UI text and
documentation.

Regardless of some useability issues, I think I'm in love. Coming from
WordPress, Drupal looks (and feels) rock solid!

Joakim