[development] content types. posts. post settings.

Eric Goldhagen eric at openflows.org
Fri Nov 10 15:42:54 UTC 2006

At 1:15 AM -0800 11/10/06, Neil Drumm wrote:
>I would currently consider any use of the words node, taxonomy, and term
>in UI text to be bugs. These are post/content, categories, and category.

I feel that is not true. Category is but one expression of taxonomy.
Taxonomy is far more complex and powerful than a simple
category/tagging system and calling it such is good. Talk to any
information professional, such as librarians, and they will tell you
that taxonomy is an important term/concept and drupal gets much
credit for using that term instead of dumbing it down as "categories"

I've had more than one opportunity to develop on drupal because the
system is called "taxonomy" and therefor implies much more complex
possibilities than if it was called tags or categories.

--Eric