[development] descrptive initial commit message, please

Dries Buytaert dries.buytaert at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 07:37:31 UTC 2006

On 13 Nov 2006, at 18:59, Angela Byron wrote:
>> when you commit a new module/theme, please write what it does in
>> the initial commit message. thats a whole lot more useful than
>> 'Adding history module', for example.
>
> Good stuff, Moshe.
>
> I've updated the Maintainer quick-start guide to recommend this:
> http://drupal.org/handbook/cvs/quickstart
>
> Before it was recommending "Adding X module." so this is likely my
> fault. Sorry!

Better yet, _always_ write descriptive commit messages.  At all
times, keep in mind that people are tracking your projects by reading
your commit messages -- either on the website, in their RSS feeds, or
by e-mail.  Simply put: the quality of your commit messages
determines how people perceive you and your projects ...