[development] Confusion by too many issue queues

Gerhard Killesreiter gerhard at killesreiter.de
Tue Nov 14 11:23:14 UTC 2006

Hi there,

as much as I am pleased with the outcome of Derek's efforts, I'd like to
reduce the number of issue queues for Drupal again. We currently have
three queues for what used to be HEAD. IMO it doesn't make sense to have
a 6-dev queue /and/ a x.y.z queue _on_ _top_ of a 5-dev queue and a
5.1-beta queue. While you can find all sorts of academic reasoning why
you must have this or that queue this wide array of choices is going to
confuse bug reporters and we'll get more and more issues filed in the
wrong queues.

I suggest to remove 5-dev and 6-dev and to replace x.y.z by "Development
version".

Cheers,
	Gerhard