[development] Is emailpage abandoned?

Gerhard Killesreiter gerhard at killesreiter.de
Tue Nov 14 22:27:40 UTC 2006

AjK wrote:

> On a side note, seems a lot of duplicity is creeping despite the best
> efforts of the cvs admins. That's two modules I'll retire thanks to other
> modules. Not complaining, frees me up to do other things. But it's a shame a
> module can't build a "fan base" and have them improved upon. Seems to me the
> current fashion in module creatation is "that module nearly does what I
> want, so to fill in the missing feature I'll..... yes.... write a whole
> brand new one" ;)

Yeah, that's unfortunate. Unfortunately, there are so many modules
already that I simply have lost track of what already exists and what is
genuinely new.

Maybe if more people would subscribe to the cvs-applications list, they
could point out such double modules before the author gets cvs access.

> Anyway, more modules make it all look bigger ;)

And more confusing, as noticed by Darren.

Cheers,
	Gerhard