[development] Confusion by too many issue queues

Earl Miles merlin at logrus.com
Wed Nov 15 05:18:09 UTC 2006

Moshe Weitzman wrote:
>> if you just lump everything together into something called "HEAD",
>> it's impossible to usefully filter the stuff back out again depending
>> on what you want to know.
>>
>> that's how i see it...
>
> in my eyes, we are optimizing for exotic queries and not for people who
> casually enter issues, and casually review issue queues for their
> installed modules. if we think hard enough, we can probably make both
> audiences happy.

No way.

I want to know which version of the software someone was using when they report
a bug. In Drupal 5, it won't be a huge challenge figuring out which version an
issue is being posted against; and dww was talking about fixing it so that the
default is the current version (it kind of is now) on the project anyhow, so
users not paying attention will know.

As it is, it's a total mess. Half the users don't even understand what version
they're running because we didn't offer version information, but we've just
changed that. The new system will offer a much more information rich
environment, and we can utilize that information.