[development] descrptive initial commit message, please

Bèr Kessels ber at webschuur.com
Fri Nov 17 09:43:19 UTC 2006

Op dinsdag 14 november 2006 08:37, schreef Dries Buytaert:
> Better yet, _always_ write descriptive commit messages.  At all
> times, keep in mind that people are tracking your projects by reading
> your commit messages -- either on the website, in their RSS feeds, or
> by e-mail.  Simply put: the quality of your commit messages
> determines how people perceive you and your projects ...

Can we make som copy-pastable templates? IF people can copy-paste a start into
the message, that will lower the barriers to make proper messages, AND it
will introduce some consistency.

Bèr

Gold Silver yadyadiya:
Patch committed
#[issue number] by [username].

A bug in [filename(s)] caused [short description of the problem]. This commit
solves this by:
 * [first solution or change]
 * [second solution or change]
 * [third solution or change]
 * Adding $foo as parameter to the API call module_function() in bar.

[Optional short note on the effects for code calling your APIs or functions,
or users using your modules.]

--
Drupal, Ruby on Rails and Joomla! development: webschuur.com | Drupal hosting:
sympal.nl