[development] RFC: letting modules phone home to check for new releases

Bèr Kessels ber at webschuur.com
Sat Nov 18 08:02:51 UTC 2006

Hi,

The way I handle this on Sympal is far easier, maybe a good idea:
I add a predefined feed in aggregator, and have a PHP block preconfigured that
shows the last item in that feed to certain roles.

If you like KISS something down this line may be more pragmatic and easier to
achieve. It works rather well, be it, that I cannot (nor want to) focus on
certain modules, something that you seem to want to introduce also.

Bèr