[development] Drupal 5 installation language files

Derek Wright drupal at dwwright.net
Sat Nov 18 10:13:35 UTC 2006

On Nov 18, 2006, at 2:02 AM, Konstantin Käfer wrote:

> The installer localization is already in core and it works. I have
> a translated install.po file (German). Just drop it in profiles/
> default as "de.po" and you'll be able to select the language when
> you go to /install.php in your browser.

"install.po"?  goba had me special case "installer.po" here:

http://drupal.org/node/93121
"Do not merge installer.po into merged PO file"

when the packaging script is creating tarballs for translations, it
normally merges all the .po files into a giant [lang].po file.
however, it's now excluding "installer.po" so you'd end up with:

installer.po  # just the installer strings
de.po         # everything else

in your de-5.x-1.0.tar.gz file.

if you call it "install.po", it'll get merged in with de.po.

do we need to change the behavior of the packaging script of the
translators? ;)

thanks,
-derek