[development] docs for creating new groups of admin menu items

Peter Wolanin pwolanin at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 01:49:32 UTC 2006

On the converting 4.7.x modules to 5.x page:

http://drupal.org/node/64279#administration

in the "new administration layout" section I think there was a
problem.  In order to be useful, I think this example code:

<?php
  $items[] = array(
    'path' => 'admin/settings',
    'title' => t('site configuration'),
    'description' => t('Adjust basic site configuration options.'),
    'position' => 'right',
    'weight' => -5,
    'callback' => 'system_settings_overview',
    'access' => $access);
?>

should be something like (note especially the path and callback):

<?php
  $items[] = array(
    'path' => 'admin/my_settings',
    'title' => t('My module configuration'),
    'description' => t('Adjust my module configuration options.'),
    'position' => 'right',
    'weight' => -5,
    'callback' => 'system_admin_menu_block_page',
    'access' => $access);
?>

based on my efforts just now making patches for og.module and
og_mandatory_group.module.

I changed the handbook page, but could someone more familiar with this
new adminitrative layout please confirm?

-Peter