[development] subscribe to a node

Derek Wright drupal at dwwright.net
Tue Oct 31 17:11:25 UTC 2006

On Oct 31, 2006, at 6:46 AM, Dries Buytaert wrote:

> modules on drupal.org without a decent security review).

of course.

> That said, I'd love to have e-mail subscriptions in core -- even if
> it is a fairly naive implementation.

sure.  however, i'm sure we all want the functionality i described
(and that which started this thread) much sooner than d.o will be
running any pre-release of drupal 6.0 core (9+ months from now?),
which is the earliest we'd see any of this stuff in a version of core
running on d.o...

if these email subscriptions get to the top of my drupal to-do list
and no one else has done anything about it by then, i volunteer to
review the various subscription-related contribs out there and do an
initial audit of the most promising one.  any help on these tasks
would be *greatly* appreciated (so i can focus on things that require
in-depth knowledge of the internals of the project.module, which only
about 4 of us on earth have)... ;)

thanks!
-derek