[development] Usability feedback using Flickr

James Walker walkah at walkah.net
Fri Sep 8 15:12:59 UTC 2006

On 8-Sep-06, at 4:40 AM, Dries Buytaert wrote:

>> With the gallery plugins available for Drupal, why are we not using
>> them to communicate screenshots?
>
> Because these don't support notes.  As stated publicly, the Flickr-
> thing was just an experiment.  Collecting annotated screenshots is
> very valuable, IMO, so I suggest we start looking for an
> alternative solution.  A gallery on drupal.org might do the trick
> (even though it doesn't support notes).

I just committed an early-stage "fotonotes" module - that will add
exactly this kind of functionality for drupal image nodes. It might
be too soon to really start using this in production, but i will be
continuing to work on it for client-related requirements and hope to
bring it along quickly.

So then, yes, a gallery on drupal.org would be ideal :)

James Walker :: http://walkah.net/ :: xmpp:walkah at walkah.net