[development] dealing with gzipped data with php.

Augustin (Beginner) drupal.beginner at wechange.org
Sat Sep 9 16:35:14 UTC 2006

Hello,

I have a question that is tough for me, but hopefully easy for you :)

I am getting some data via XML RPC. One particular method is sending me a
"gzipped array of 32 bits unsigned big endian integers". Sorry to be rude,
but I had to say it!

So, basically I have:
$xml_rpc_reply['data'] = gzipped file;

How can I unzip on the fly the data so I can deal with it?
Does it need a particular setup, apache/php server side?
Assuming I manage to unzip the data, how do I then deal with the '32 bits big
endian integers' within it?

I certainly do hope that some of you can give me some pointers,

thanks,

Augustin.

--
http://www.wechange.org/
Because we and the world need to change.

http://www.reuniting.info/
Intimate Relationships, peace and harmony in the couple.