[development] code names for core releases? (was Re: Suggestion for people releasing new modules and themes into CVS)

Sam Tresler sam at treslervania.com
Tue Sep 19 15:07:54 UTC 2006

FWIW  I haven't been following everything said on this thread, but to me
the big advantage to code names is helping my d*mned memory.  I wish
that Drupal were the only software I worked with - life would be much
better.  As it is, my clients are constantly asking which version of
what I'm using - whether for their project or just for general computer
questions.  It's easier to remember "Debian Sarge" latest update, then
it is to remember 4.7.3.

Also, it is a lot easier to rally behind "Drupal Conquistador" than it
is to get people excited about  number.  Its good from a PR point.

    "Hey Everyone!  We're having an all night Pizza and Beer bug hunt
for Drupal Conquistador!"

    "Hey Everyone!  We're having an all night Pizza and Beer bug hunt
for Drupal 5.0 Beta 2!"

People don't need to be devs to help test things, and this would help
them get involved I think.

--Sam