[development] Making a whole site location aware - a design question

Dave Cohen drupal at dave-cohen.com
Wed Sep 20 17:16:26 UTC 2006

Scott,

I realize this thread is rather old.  I've been away from my normal email
client for a while and I lost track of it. Perhaps you've already addressed
the issues.  If not here's one suggestion.

On Friday 25 August 2006 00:24, Scott McLewin wrote:

> For search to work, the indexer also needs to be able to see all nodes.
> Even hook_cron() triggered page loads end up with a location (the site's
> configured default). Thus the indexer never sees nodes that are outside
> of the default search radius from the site's default location.

In your module settings, you could something similar to the block
configuration.  When configuring a block, you have a chance to show the block
only on certain pages, or hide it on certain pages.  In your case, you could
configure your db_rewrite hook to be called in most cases, but not /cron.php
or /search/*.

Look at the code in block.module for an example.

-Dave