[development] Scaling menu -- call to category module users

Jeremy Epstein jazepstein at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 17:17:40 UTC 2007

Hi Karoly,

I doubt that you will find anyone with more than ten thousand custom
menu items on a live site. The 4.5-5.x menu system simply doesn't
scale to that level. Every page times out and gives a white screen of
death.

I don't have more than 1,000 category_menu generated menu items on any
of my sites. Sorry. If there's anyone who does, then of course, feel
free to prove me wrong, and to provide Karoly with your menu database
table.

Cheers,
Jaza.