[development] drupal.org caching too aggressive?

Gábor Hojtsy gabor at hojtsy.hu
Wed Dec 5 19:34:31 UTC 2007

On Dec 5, 2007 8:26 PM, Dave Cohen <drupal at dave-cohen.com> wrote:
> Recently I've posted comments on Drupal.org, and after pressing the submit
> button I've seen the original post, without a message and without my comment.
> If I refresh, the comment is there.  But at least once I've gone back and
> resubmitted, because as a user it looks like my post was simply ignored.
>
> I suspect that I'm seeing a cached page after posting the comment (although I
> am logged in).  Is this what's going on?  Anyone else notice this?

I noticed this and noticed quite a few duplicate posts due to this
behavior. Some patch submitters had their patches submitted three
times, because they thought it did not get through. I found that it
does not always show the post on refresh either. Possibly a
side-effect of how our database replication works.

Gabor