[development] Looking for new module maintainers

Earl Miles merlin at logrus.com
Sat Feb 3 18:48:40 UTC 2007

Posting to the dev list doesn't seem to get a lot of response to this kind of
query, but I'm posting it here anyway.

I need to reduce my workload a bit. Some of these requests have been standing
for awhile, but I probably have not done a good job of making sure the requests
are out there where everyone can see them.

I’m looking for the following:

     * A new maintainer for delicious module. — the delicious API has changed.
This is a module I took over maintenance on back in my early days of Drupal,
and I’m just not particularly interested in it, which means it languishes. It’s
still a very valuable and useful module. Right now all it NEEDS is someone
who’ll maintain it, keep up with the API, and make the 4.7.x version stable and
port it to 5.x. It could use someone who’d like to redo the entire thing and
make it use nodes and taxonomy as well.
     * A new maintainer for the views bookmarks module — this module isn’t
terribly difficult, but it is a touch more advanced than some might be. It’s a
useful module that has a lot more users than I realized — but I haven’t the
time to properly maintain it. It doesn’t need MUCH maintenance, either. I don’t
think there’s too far that this piece of code needs to go, it just needs the
occasional bug fix.
     * A co-maintainer for the forum access module — this module is extremely
useful and there’s quite a bit of room for this to grow into a healthy add-on
to the forum module. Theoretically it could also branch into an advanced forum
set of its own. There’s lots of things that could happen here. I’d like to
retain involvement in the module, but I don’t need to; if someone comes along
with lots of great code and ideas, I’m happy to step aside and let the module go.
     * A co-maintainer for panels module — While working on Panels 2, I’ve
basically let Panels 1 rot. It needs a lot of bug fixes, at the very least.
Also, I need someone to specifically maintain the layouts. I’m NOT a CSS expert
by any means, and the CSS seems like it needs some adjustments. And I would
like more layouts. And there is a bunch of work to be done on Panels 2, as
well. Panels is looking like a very important module to Drupal right now — this
is a place someone could come in and really make a contribution.