[development] should tinymce get a new maintainer tinymce

Allie Micka allie at pajunas.com
Fri Feb 9 07:43:34 UTC 2007

On Feb 9, 2007, at 12:01 AM, Kevin Reynen wrote:
> Let me get this straight.  You get upset when a developer doesn't
> communicate changes...
>
> "you'll find that people weren't inherently opposed to these changes,
> but they were concerned by the lack of a roadmap" - Allie Micka on
> February 5, 2007
>
> Now you're defending a developers right to make whatever changes he
> wants to the release  version of popular modules without documenting
> what they've done and providing no support to deal with the issues
> this creates while someone else is trying to maintain the project?

Exactly.  I expressed my concerns, and then I "unforked".  This
permitted the maintainer to make any choice that suits him, while
ensuring that there was a supported solution available for my own needs.

You are welcome do similar.

Thanks and good luck!

Allie Micka
pajunas interactive, inc.
http://www.pajunas.com

scalable web hosting and open source strategies