[development] Missing CVS branches in contrib -- peeve

Chris Kennedy chrisken at mail.utexas.edu
Tue Jan 2 20:26:32 UTC 2007

Yes, there is a need for more documentation volunteers and reducing the
cvs barrier to entry for developers, even more for themers.

In this case branching isn't necessarily the issue - the maintainer can
simply edit the HEAD release node and designate it as compatible with
Drupal 4.7. It will then appear in the list of 4.7 modules on
drupal.org. Maintainers are also encouraged to designate the HEAD
release as 5.x compatible in cases where it is working fine in d5 but
they don't feel comfortable branching yet. If you make an issue for the
appropriate project explaining this they will usually do so.

Proper branching is nice and all, but the bigger problem is that there
aren't enough module maintainers, or hours devoted to module
maintenance, in general.

The version-module support matrix feature request
(http://drupal.org/node/63491) might help too.

.ck