[development] hook_menu split is inevitable

Dries Buytaert dries.buytaert at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 17:40:44 UTC 2007

On 23 Jan 2007, at 09:49, Karoly Negyesi wrote:
> It is a good foundation to build on it. The router functionality as
> implemented can and will stay unchanged aside from the small fact
> that its hook will be renamed. Please note that this is exactly
> what I planned for this phase. You asked for a navigation block so
> that Drupal development remains easy and I spent more than a full
> day doing one. It works quite nicely until you start giving acccess
> to a role to some item without giving access to its parents or
> defining a tree of paths with visible and invisible items
> intermingled -- core does not have such a one. There are no
> unknowns -- I know of every problem and have a plan to fix them.

I'm willing to commit your patch.  It's a bit risky but a little bit
of courage and trust never hurts -- it's often the path to real
innovation.  ;)  @all: this mean that the trunk of CVS (formerly
known as 'HEAD') will be somewhat broken for a while.

> The reason I can't do the right thing for the link functionality is
> that there are at least two other patches (Steven's url arguments
> array patch and the normalize permissions) that I depend on and one
> of them (the norm.perm. one) is nowhere near finished.

Should we get these patches in first?  It might reduce our
downtime ...?  Just thinking up loud.