[development] Database schema abstraction and *reflection*(was: Referential integrity -- finally?)

Metzler, David metzlerd at evergreen.edu
Fri Jan 26 22:17:00 UTC 2007

I was wondering if the model code for the new forms API might be a good
place to start for syntax.  Wouldn't it be cool if the way we talked
about data for the model portion of a form would be the same as the way
we talked about data in the schema? Or does that seem silly?

Anyway I love this idea, as it opens the door for much more postgres or
other db support.  The lowest common demoninator for DML is much easier
to achieve than in the DDL in my experience.

Dave