[development] All your notices belong to me

Angela Byron drupal-devel at webchick.net
Mon Jan 29 02:32:32 UTC 2007

On 28-Jan-07, at 9:18 PM, Richard Archer wrote:

> At 2:37 AM +0100 29/1/07, Karoly Negyesi wrote:
>
>> So shut the fuck up and thank me.
>
> Oh, what a lovely person you are.
>
>  ...R.

Ok. Could we please stop this before we all say stuff we are going to
regret?

Karoly is frustrated because although there was a lot of "+1" and
theoretical support for E_ALL compliance in core, when it came down
to rolling patches and fixing it vs. complaining about how broken
HEAD is, there has been a very poor ratio of people who actually made
an attempt to fix the problems. Worse, those attempts (including my
own) often times weren't correct fixes for the problems, and made
matters worse.

Karoly dumped SEVERAL hours of time into fixing all of these tonight.
So while he could probably have phrased his post a bit better, I can
understand him reacting harshly to sarcasm by someone who didn't help
contribute fixes. :P

Now can we all please dump that energy into something constructive
like reviewing http://drupal.org/node/112715 ? :)

-Angie