[development] taking a break

andrew morton drewish at katherinehouse.com
Mon Jul 2 03:23:25 UTC 2007

On 7/1/07, Chris Kennedy <chrisken at mail.utexas.edu> wrote:
> 4. Discussing issue queue strategy is rarely productive - like most
> Drupal issues imo, we don't need more talk, just more effort from the
> community. Non-committers need to step up to submit better patches and
> give better reviews, myself included. Case closed.

I don't think this is going to be an easy discussion to end by simply
declaring case closed. If the number of people contributing to Drupal
stayed constant there's be something to this. We could all just focus
in a do a better job. The problem is that we keep growing and
successful past practices don't always scale well. There will need to
be changes, I don't think anyone knows exactly what they are which is
why we need to have this conversation rather than trying to stifle it.

andrew