[development] Need consensus on what "activity" means

David Strauss david at fourkitchens.com
Wed Jun 6 17:28:44 UTC 2007

I'm working on a patch that refactors node_comment_statistics into node
and performs many other query optimizations. One is that I'm tracking
node "activity" as a combined timestamp for the node and the node's
comments.

Does activity include:
1. The node creation timestamp or the latest comment timestamp
2. #1 plus the node update timestamp

Normally, I wouldn't email the dev list about a specific patch, but I
need broad feedback because the combined "activity" timestamp will order
forum topic and tracker results.

The patch:

http://drupal.org/node/148849