[development] Requiring node revisions

Derek Wright drupal at dwwright.net
Fri Jun 8 05:57:52 UTC 2007

On Jun 7, 2007, at 10:46 PM, Larry Garfield wrote:

> Sounds like we're in complete agreement then. :-)

I disagree with both of you! ;)

I think we should always keep all revisions by default (even if we
hide most of the UI to see/use them), and make site admins who think
they want them off go out of their way to prune/disable them.  The
performance cost is negligible except for sites that care enough
about performance to know their way around a few admin UI screens.
The potential usability benefits of being able to say "oh yeah, just
enable core's diff.module and grant some revision permissions to your
editor role, and you'll be able to see all the changes anyone ever
made to any of the nodes on your site".

-Derek