[development] file caching abandoned?

Steve Rude steve at achieveinternet.com
Tue Mar 6 18:41:39 UTC 2007

I have done much testing with memory based object caching using memcached
and I think it would be nice if there was the ability to choose what type of
caching you wanted (memory/file/db) and have the cache.inc functionality
basically an abstraction layer that the storage mechanism can be taken care
of by other include files (e.g. cache-memcache.inc cache-file.inc.  The same
way that the database abstraction works.

I would be willing to begin some work on this if anyone is interested.  We
are building a Drupal site now that will need to scale to >30m page views
per month and I would like to work within an accepted method to help grow
and scale Drupal.

If anyone has any prior work or projects that can be looked at to help get
this going down the correct path, please point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Steve Rude

--

Steve Rude