[development] Druplicon: Bot logging has returned!

Morbus Iff morbus at disobey.com
Fri Nov 9 17:15:50 UTC 2007

Using the module that frando originally wrote months ago as a basis, I
have reworked and streamlined bot_log.module for bot.module. This is now
committed to the bot.module repository, and is running on Druplicon.

Logging is currently enabled on:

     * #drupal-dojo
     * #drupal-games
     * #drupal-support
     * #drupal-themes

If your channel isn't logged, and you want it to be, let me know.
#drupal and #drupal-dev will never be logged, so don't ask.

In addition to the basic logging capability, there are some new things.

  * all log entries have a permalink on the timestamp.

  * logs are in a table, so you can scan down the "Message" line
    without having to mentally skip over the jags created by
    long/short nicks.

  * to make reading even easier, I don't do odd/even row striping.
    instead I do odd/even nickname striping. this is best illustrated
    with a demo (note also the use of the permalink):

      http://www.disobey.com/bot/log/drupal-support/#T342

    You'll see here that the colors change based on nicks. When
    a nick talks more than one line in a row, the color sticks
    with him. Only when the nick changes does the color toggle.
    This allows you to quickly read only the Message column,
    and become visually aware of voice changes without having
    to check the nick column.

  * Logs are user role permissioned. You can log a channel and
    only allow its viewing to those users properly authenticated.

Lemme know bugs, etc., etc.

--
Morbus Iff ( you are nothing without your robot car, NOTHING! )
Enjoy my: http://www.disobey.com/ and http://www.60bwc.com/