[development] Drupal 6 release status

Dries Buytaert dries at buytaert.net
Mon Nov 19 12:44:17 UTC 2007

Hello world,

I talked to Gabor this morning and we decided we're going to release a
third Drupal 6 beta on Wednesday.

We also decided that this should probably be the last beta release.
Hence, it is extremely likely (but not guaranteed) that we're going to
have a first release candidate (RC) after Drupal 6 beta 3.

I figured I'd share this information ahead of time, so we can slowly
get into "RC mode" and become more strict about what pending issues we
flag as "critical".  It also means that there isn't a whole lot of
time left for usability improvements.

Thanks,