[development] strategy for naming module/theme/profile

Rob Barreca rob at electronicinsight.com
Tue Oct 9 01:02:58 UTC 2007

Simon Hobbs wrote:
> I've had issues in the past with a theme and module sharing the same
> name. Is this still an issue? Was this ever a recognised issue?
Hi Simon,

Themes and modules sharing the same name is still an issue in D5 (has
bit me twice), as for D6 I assume it's still borked, but can't say 100%.
I would do emspace_theme for sure, as for profile stuff I think the
hooks used in a .profile won't conflict so that can stay
emspace.profile. Then you can leave the module named emspace.module as
well since the theme is safe.

Rob