[development] New contributor initiative: user patchnewbie

Gábor Hojtsy gabor at hojtsy.hu
Fri Oct 19 09:30:11 UTC 2007

On 10/19/07, Angie Byron <drupal-devel at webchick.net> wrote:
> This was something I thought of doing a long time ago but forgot about
> it until just now. :P
>
> I just registered a new user 'patchnewbie', and am going through and
> assigning that user to any issues that are very simple and would make
> great first patches for someone new to core development. See:
>
> http://drupal.org/project/issues?projects=3060&assigned=patchnewbie
>
> If you find issues like this (typos, < 10 liners, etc.), please ping me
> on IRC (webchick) so I can get them added. I can also fork out
> patchnewbie's password to you if you're interested in specifically
> searching for easy issues as well. Let me know!
>
> And please purposely *don't* supply patches for these issues if you
> already know what you're doing -- let's save them for the core hackers
> of tomorrow! :)

This is kind of an interesting idea. I guess if this gets off the
ground, some kind of tagging will be set up for project issues, which
would be more flexible for this use case. Anyway, to get this rolling
for now, I set this issue search link as patchnewbie's homepage:
http://drupal.org/project/issues?states=1,16,8,13,14,15,4&assigned=patchnewbie

Gabor